Explore the universe and see what the galaxy has to offer through the 4-H rocketry and aerospace project! 4-H members learn about the latest in aerospace technology as well as explore the fundamentals of rocketry such as lift, drag, and other factors that affect rocket design. Youth have the opportunity to explore various designs of rockets as well build there own rockets through supplies found in their home or commercial rocket kits.
As you learn about outer space, you will learn how to:
- construct various rockets, like water and foam rockets
- make launch equipment
- learn how rocket science impacts current issues
- discover the mechanical and engineering components of NASA spaceships
- How do Rockets Stack Up?
- Advanced High Power Paper Rockets
- Foam Rocket
- Project X51
- National 4-H Curriculum on Aerospace
- Leader Guide – Pennsylvania 4-H Rocketry
- Member Guide – Pennsylvania 4-H Rocketry
Team America Rocketry Challenge
The TARC challenge is open to students ages 13-18 and is run by the National Association of Rocketry and Aerospace Industries Association. This competition is a fun way to incorporate aerospace design and engineering skills into a model rocket that can carry two eggs while in flight! Learn more at the Aerospace Industries Association website.