4-H students are leaders. They pursue passions. They solve problems and tackle everyday challenges. And YOU are the key to their success! We need adult volunteers to mentor 4-H youth, lead local clubs, and run events. No experience necessary – we’ll train you! But you must be at least 18 years old – or 21 years old to chaperone overnight trips – and pass a criminal background check outlined in the Extension Volunteer Standards to learn about what goes into working with youth under 18.
You decide the level of involvement that fits your skills and schedule, such as:
- Lead community clubs, school-based or after-school programs and camp settings
- Serve as chaperone, board member, event judge or camp counselor.
- Create community service opportunities for youth in your area
- Work with other adults to create fun and exciting programs
You can call, email or visit your local county 4-H office for the next step.
Extension Volunteer Standards
- Extension Volunteer Standards (Volunteer Screening) – COMING SOON!
- Volunteer Application Form – 4-H Volunteers should use 4HOnline only! – COMING SOON!
- YPS County Transmittal Form – For Master Volunteers and Direct Volunteers – County Use Only
Who To Contact
- Program For Minors: Darlene Locke: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Volunteer Development: Laura Huebinger: email@example.com
- Volunteer Screening: Connor Cook: firstname.lastname@example.org
We host a virtual educational conference for volunteers each year. Recorded sessions from previous virtual conferences can be accessed below.
- 4-H Leadership Academy
- 4-H Wildlife Project
- A Day in the Ring/Heart of the Champion
- Ag Awareness Day
- Consumer Education – Explore Project Book
- Explore Duds to Dazzle
- Explore Food & Nutrition
- Explore Interior Design
- Explore Rabbits
- Getting Your Foot in the Door
- Join the Conversation: WebEx Update for 4-H Families
- Online Volunteer Trainings now available!!!
- S.T.E.M. Day Camp
- The Scientific Method & Research Poster
- Youth Ag Tour
Each year, the Texas 4-H Youth Development Program provides awards and recognition for various individuals and groups that provide support to the 4-H program. The dedication, leadership, and support of our volunteers and partnership organizations allow the Texas 4-H program to reach a larger number of youth to make a positive difference in their lives and communities. To recognize a volunteer, organization, or employee for their dedication, nominate them for a Texas 4-H award! Visit the Awards and Recognition page for more details.