Do you like to shop? Learn how to save money while shopping in the consumer decision making project. You’ll learn how to compare prices, test for quality and make purchases based on facts and research.
In this project you will learn how to compare prices, test for quality and make purchases based on facts and research. You will also improve your: Money management skills, Smart purchasing skills and Decision-making skills.
Consumer Decision Making
This contest is based on the skills of consumer observation, comparison, and the ability to make a fact-based purchases. Each participant is expected to defend their purchases to a panel of judges. This contest is held at the district level and at 4-H Roundup. Livestock shows such as the San Antonio Livestock Exposition and San Angelo Stock Show also offer a consumer decision making contest too. Visit the State Roundup webpage to learn more.
- Categories for the Consumer Education Contest
- Consumer Decision Making Classes
- Consumer Decision Making Contest Placing & Scoring Classes
- Consumer Decision Making Jeopardy – Powerpoint
- Consumer Decision Making Lesson Plans – 57 Lesson Download
- Math in daily life
- Pew Internet: Online Shopping Report
- Presenting Oral Reasons Guide for the Consumer Education Contest
- Study Guide for the Consumer Education Contest
- Worksheet for the Consumer Decision Making Contest