Do you like to shop? Learn how to save money while shopping in the consumer decision making project. You’ll learn how to compare prices, test for quality and make purchases based on facts and research.
In this project you will learn how to compare prices, test for quality and make purchases based on facts and research. You will also improve your: Money management skills, Smart purchasing skills and Decision-making skills.
- 4-H FCH Contest Learning Series: Consumer Decision Making
- Download – Explore Guide: Consumer Education
- Web Link – Consumer Financial Protection Bureau – Money as You Grow
- Web Link – Consumer Savvy
- Web Link – Be the “E” Entrepreneurship
- Web Link – ESI : Camp Entrepreneurship Investigation
- Web Link – Money Talks
- Web Link – Practical Money Skills
- Web Link – Making Cents of It
- Web Link – The Mint
- Adulting 101:
Consumer Decision Making
This contest is based on the skills of consumer observation, comparison, and the ability to make a fact-based purchases. Each participant is expected to defend their purchases to a panel of judges. This contest is held at the district level and at 4-H Roundup. Livestock shows such as the San Antonio Livestock Exposition and San Angelo Stock Show also offer a consumer decision making contest too.
- Download – Contest Categories
- Download – Classes with Official Placings and Cuts – 2019
- Download – Classes with Official Placings and Cuts – 2020
- Download – Classes with Official Placings and Cuts – 2021
- Download – Classes with Official Placings and Cuts – 2022
- Download – Contest Placing & Scoring Classes
- Download – Practice Judging Worksheet
- Download – Presenting Oral Reasons Guide
- Download – Practice – Jeopardy PowerPoint
- Download – Pew Research Center: Online Shopping & E-Commerce (2016)
- Download – Lesson Plans – 57 Lesson Download
- Web Link – State Roundup Page
- Web Link – JudgingCard.com’s Hormel Scoring Tool using Placings/Cuts
Family Community Health FCH Quiz Bowl
A “Quiz Bowl” is a quiz game that tests teams of 4 on their knowledge of basic nutrition, consumer information, food and kitchen safety, food preparation skills and storage, health and fashion and interior design skills. Up against the clock, the 4-Hers buzz in to answer a question and earn points for correct answers. Teams advance in a tournament-system bracket to win the competition.
- Texas 4-H Quiz Bowl Resources
- Family Community Health Quiz Bowl Resources
- Family Community Health Project Pages