Texas 4-H is for kids of almost any age – grades K-2 can be in Clover Kids if offered in your area. From 3rd-12th grades, you can be a regular 4-H member.
Your local County Extension Office can help you find a club that is right for you!
All 4-H members must be enrolled in at least one project. When you choose a project, you will learn everything there is to know about that topic. You will participate in various hands-on activities, learn new skills, do community service, or even make speeches about your project.
How to choose your 4-H project:
- Select a project you like.
- Consider the money and time it will take. Can parents/guardians help?
- Consider the space and equipment that you have at home.
- A 4-H project should be fun, serve a purpose, and be worth the effort.
- Select only the number of projects you can complete.
- Contact your local county club to see which projects are offered where you live.
Check out the 4-H projects to see what looks fun to you.
Signup on 4HConnect after you have found a project and club that is right for you! Youth members are required to pay a $25.00 participation fee if enrolled by October 31st, and a $30.00 fee from November 1st to the completion of the 4-H year. Adults pay a $10.00 volunteer applicant fee. Adults and youth will need to enroll on 4HConnect and be active to be considered an official member of Texas 4-H.
An active enrollment is required in order to register and participate in all 4-H activities and events. Each year on August 15th all membership in Texas 4-H goes to inactive and all youth and adult volunteers must re-enroll.