Are you a leader? If you positively influence and help others for a shared goal, you are a leader! Leaders aren’t just elected to an office or position. You can also be a member of committees, small groups and teams. You can develop your individual leadership skills by learning more about yourself and how you work with others. In the 4-H leadership project you will learn leadership principles, help plan 4-H programs, and recruit new members.
4-H leadership experiences include, but are not limited to:
- 4-H club office
- serving on committees
- promoting the 4-H program to other youth
- participation in county, district or state 4-H committees, councils, etc.
- Leadership Explore Book
- Leadership – Global Service Explore Book
- Leadership – Within A Group Explore Book
- Personal Development Explore Guide
- Global Service Explore Guide
Leaders 4 Life
Leaders 4 Life is a competition that allows 4-H youth to demonstrate their knowledge of Parliamentary Procedure. Visit the State Roundup webpage to learn more.
- Leaders 4 Life Overview
- Leaders 4 Life Evaluation
- Leaders 4 Life Recognition Certificate
- Contest Resource: Leaders 4 Life Skill-A-Thon Resource Packet
- Contest Resource: Leaders 4 Life Skill-A-Thon Score sheets
Leaders 4 Life Program – Take The Lead!
- Order Leaders 4 Life Program Resources Take The Lead!
- Lesson 1: Qualities of a Leader
- Lesson 2: Communication Connection
- Lesson 3: There is no I in Team
- Lesson 4: What Were You Thinking?
- Lesson 5: Change What?
- Lesson 6: Peace Out!
- Lesson 7: Great Minds Think Differently
- Lesson 8: Use What You Got
- Lesson 9: What’s Your Style?
- Lesson 10: Leading With Vision
- Lesson 11: Go for the Gold!
- Take The Lead Student Workbook
- End of Unit Power Point Games
- Launching Life Long Leadership Lessons — 6-8 Grade Level
- Parliamentary Procedure Activity Packet
- Parli-Pro Vocabulary Jeopardy Game
- Service Learning Lesson: Use Your Hands..For Service!