Are you a leader? If you positively influence and help others for a shared goal, you are a leader! Leaders aren’t just elected to an office or position. You can also be a member of committees, small groups and teams. You can develop your individual leadership skills by learning more about yourself and how you work with others. In the 4-H leadership project you will learn leadership principles, help plan 4-H programs, and recruit new members.
4-H leadership experiences include, but are not limited to:
- 4-H club office
- serving on committees
- promoting the 4-H program to other youth
- participation in county, district or state 4-H committees, councils, etc.
- Leadership Explore Book
- Leadership – Global Service Explore Book
- Leadership – Within A Group Explore Book
- Personal Development Explore Guide
- Global Service Explore Guide
Leaders 4 Life
Leaders 4 Life is a competition that allows 4-H youth to demonstrate their knowledge of Parliamentary Procedure. Visit the State Roundup webpage to learn more.
- Leaders 4 Life Overview
- Leaders 4 Life Evaluation
- Leaders 4 Life Recognition Certificate
- Contest Resource: Leaders 4 Life Skill-A-Thon Resource Packet
- Contest Resource: Leaders 4 Life Skill-A-Thon Score sheets
Leaders 4 Life Program – Take The Lead!
- Order Leaders 4 Life Program Resources Take The Lead!
- Lesson 1: Qualities of a Leader
- Lesson 2: Communication Connection
- Lesson 3: There is no I in Team
- Lesson 4: What Were You Thinking?
- Lesson 5: Change What?
- Lesson 6: Peace Out!
- Lesson 7: Great Minds Think Differently
- Lesson 8: Use What You Got
- Lesson 9: What’s Your Style?
- Lesson 10: Leading With Vision
- Lesson 11: Go for the Gold!
- Take The Lead Student Workbook
- End of Unit Power Point Games
- Launching Life Long Leadership Lessons — 6-8 Grade Level
- Parliamentary Procedure Activity Packet
- Parli-Pro Vocabulary Jeopardy Game
- Service Learning Lesson: Use Your Hands..For Service!
Texas 4-H Leadership Teams
The Texas 4-H Equine Ambassador program strives to provide high school aged 4-H members the opportunity to develop and practice advanced leadership skills related to mentoring other youth, and to become advocates for the equine industry in Texas. Visit the Texas 4-H Equine Ambassadors website to learn more.
Fashion and Interior Design Ambassador Program
The Texas 4-H Fashion and Interior Design Ambassador Program strives to provide high school aged 4-H members the opportunity to develop and practice advanced leadership skills to mentor other youth, and to become knowledgeable representatives for the Fashion & Interior Design project. Visit the Fashion & Interior Design project page to learn more.
Healthy Lifestyles Ambassadors
The Healthy Texas Youth Ambassador Program is made up of high school aged youth who are passionate about health and committed to being advocates for healthy living in their communities. The youth ambassadors are empowered to educate and make a difference as they provide leadership to educational programs on what it means to live a healthy lifestyle. Throughout the two-year term, ambassadors experience personal growth and achievement and are of service to others. Visit the Healthy Lifestyles Webpage to learn more.
The Texas 4-H Livestock Ambassador program strives to provide high school aged 4-H members the opportunity to develop and practice advanced leadership skills related to mentoring other youth, and to become advocates for animal agriculture. Visit the Texas 4-H Livestock Ambassadors website to learn more.
Shooting Sports Ambassadors
Texas 4-H Shooting Sports Ambassadors represent the Texas 4-H & Youth Development Program and specifically Texas 4-H Shooting Sports for public relations purposes at special events such as donor/supporter functions and with the general public, peer groups, 4-H groups, community service groups, schools and media contacts. They serve as spokespersons for the 4-H Shooting Sports program, helping to make 4-H Shooting Sports programs more visible. The Ambassadors further develop their skills in leadership, public presentation, citizenship, community service, public relations and team building. Visit the Shooting Sports project page to learn more.
The Texas 4-H Technology is a state-wide team who work in a youth-adult partnership structure to promote, educate, and inspire others in the area of science, technology, engineering, and mathematics. The team is consist of 4-H members 15 years and older who have a strong interest in promoting STEM to other 4-H members, volunteers, as well as groups outside of 4-H. The team meets throughout the year to develop programs in areas such as robotics, photography, movie making, and television production.
17360 Coit Road
Dallas, TX 75252-6502
Texas 4-H Council
The Texas 4-H Council is a team of 4-H members elected by their peers from across the state of Texas representing the twelve AgriLife Extension districts. Serving as ambassadors for the Texas 4-H program, members represent the organization statewide while collaborating with Extension faculty to plan, coordinate, and facilitate activities and events.
- Texas 4-H Council Election of Delegates and Information
- Texas 4-H Council Membership Requirements
- Texas 4-H Council At-Large: Application/Nomination Leadership History – Word
- Texas 4-H Council At-Large: Recommendation Letter Information – PDF
- Texas 4-H Council At-Large: Video Submission and Photo Instructions – PDF
The Texas 4-H Water Ambassadors Program provides high school age 4-H members and youth an opportunity
to gain advanced knowledge and practice leadership skills related to the science, technology, engineering, and
management of water in Texas. Visit the Water Conservation & Education project page to learn more.