Do you think you are you a leader? If you positively influence and help others for a shared goal, you are a leader! Leaders aren’t just elected to an office or position. You can also be a member of committees, small groups and teams. You can develop your individual leadership skills by learning more about yourself and how you work with others. In the 4-H leadership project you will learn leadership principles, help plan 4-H programs, and recruit new members.
4-H leadership experiences include, but are not limited to:
- 4-H club office
- serving on committees
- promoting the 4-H program to other youth
- participation in county, district or state 4-H committees, councils, etc.
- Project Information Sheet COMING SOON
- Explore Guide: Global Opportunities Beyond Education
- Explore Guide: Leadership – Personal Character Development | Evaluation
- Explore Guide: Leadership – Personal Leadership Development | Evaluation
- Explore Guide: Leadership – Within A Group
Contests and Activities
This project is what you make it! There are many other ways to be involved in leadership in your county, district, or state. These are only a few state level opportunities. Reach out to your County Agent to learn about more ways to be involved in the leadership project.
Ambassador Programs and Texas 4-H Council
Texas 4-H offers eight unique ambassador programs and Texas 4-H Council in which you get to practice your leadership skills and learn more about a project area you are interested in. Visit our Ambassador page for more state level leadership opportunities.
Leaders 4 Life
Leaders 4 Life is a competition that allows 4-H youth to demonstrate their knowledge of Parliamentary Procedure. Visit the State Roundup webpage to learn more.
- Download – Leaders 4 Life Changes – Updated August 2023
- Download – Leaders 4 Life Overview – Updated August 2023
- Download – Leaders 4 Life Evaluation
- Download – Leaders 4 Life Recognition Certificate
- Download – Leaders 4 Life Skill-A-Thon Resource Packet – Updated August 2023
- Download – Leaders 4 Life Skill-A-Thon Score sheets – Updated August 2023
Leaders 4 Life Program – Take The Lead!
- Download – Leaders 4 Life Program Resources Take The Lead Workbook
- Download – Lesson 1: Qualities of a Leader
- Download – Lesson 2: Communication Connection
- Download – Lesson 3: There is no I in Team
- Download – Lesson 4: What Were You Thinking?
- Download – Lesson 5: Change What?
- Download – Lesson 6: Peace Out!
- Download – Lesson 7: Great Minds Think Differently
- Download – Lesson 8: Use What You Got
- Download – Lesson 9: What’s Your Style?
- Download – Lesson 10: Leading With Vision
- Download – Lesson 11: Go for the Gold!
- Download – Launching Life Long Leadership Lessons — 6-8 Grade Level
- Download – Parliamentary Procedure Activity Packet
- Download – Service Learning Lesson: Use Your Hands..For Service!
- Download – PowerPoint – Parli-Pro Vocabulary Jeopardy Game
- Download – PowerPoint – End of Unit Games
Other State Level Leadership Activities
- 4-H Day at the Capitol – Website | Download Information Sheet
- National 4-H Conference – Website | Download Information Sheet
- National 4-H Congress – Website | Download Information Sheet
- Texas 4-H Congress – Website | Download Information Sheet
- Texas 4-H Leadership Conference – Website | Download Information Sheet