The Range Science project promotes and develops knowledge and skills in practical range, natural resource and ranch management. Projected costs are low to medium.
- Ranchland management
- Water and how plants grow
- Vegetation areas of Texas
- Brush control and weed control
- Poisonous or toxic plants
- Grazing management strategies
- Ranch management practices and leasing rangeland
- Risk management for land
- How domestic grazing animals and wildlife species eat
The Master Plant List names and gives characteristics of 129 range and pasture plants used in the 4-H Range and Pasture Grass Identification Contest, 4-H Range Evaluation Contest and the major livestock show Range and Pasture Plant Identification contests at Houston, Fort Worth, Dallas State Fair, the Amarillo Tri-State Fair and 4-H open contests.
Books and study guides for purchase: