20 Texas agricultural products are selected and exhibited at separate stations. Contestants select the correct identification of each product from four possible answers. Following, the product identification, each station has one multiple choice question pertaining to the product on display. Questions can be general to the industry that produced the product, (i.e. Texas’ national ranking, economic impact to Texas, general nutritional content, region of production) and specific to the individual product that is on display (i.e. cooking method, use, growing season, specific nutrition of the cut or variety). Contestants are given 40 seconds at each station to answer both questions. Please refer to the Product list for suggested products and the resource guide for study materials. Products and resources are listed in the samples rules and the Agricultural Products Manual.
State Contest Locations
- State Fair of Texas – Tuesday, October 7 – Link
Check in 9:00 AM; Contest Start 10:00 AM – Sales Pavilion
- Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo – March 18, 2015
- State 4-H Roundup – June 9, 2015
More Contest Date Coming in 2015!
- 4-H Ag Product ID Study Guide – PDF
- AG ID Product List – Word
- Scantron Example – PDF
- Scantron Instructions – PDF
- Texas Produce Association – Coming Soon!
- Aggie Horticulture – Fruit and Nut Resources – link
- Aggie Horticulture – Vegetable Resources – link
- USDA Cuts of Beef – link
- Pork Cuts – link
Extension Program Specialist
4180 S Highway 6 S
College Station, TX 77845